Clans are the guilds formed by players. In this in-game community, you can chat with your clanmates, donate and request cards, and earn trophies to contribute to the clan.
- Message: The interface of the clan chatting system is very similar to the common message applications, so that it’s easy for players to understand and get used to it. The interactions are very intuitive.
- Share a Replay: Players can share their replays of combats inside the clan. On one hand, it provides great opportunity for players to learn from each other and forms a healthy positive atmosphere for player growth (especially for new players). On the other hand, it sometimes helps players achieve the feeling of accomplishment by showing off their great battle.
- Donate/Request Cards: You can donate 2 cards per request and get rewards of gold and experience points. You can also request every 8 hours for cards. This donation system fosters positive interactions between players thus reinforce the unity of the clan.
- Friendly Battle: Players can invite clanmates for a friendly battle. It encourages healthy competitive interaction between players.
- Clan Score: Every player’s trophies will contribute to the Clan Score. It represents the performance of all the players belong to the clan. To a certain degree, it encourages every player to contribute together.
- Internal Leaderboard: The ranking system is an effective method to motivate players. The internal ranking will make it even stronger because comparing with the ranking of strangers, people are more interested about themselves and the people they know or familiar with. Besides, it’s easier for players to find themselves in a smaller group and set smaller goals to achieve.
- Each Clan is a small in-game community where different members have different roles including leader, co-leader, elder, and member. Giving different roles different influence on the community makes it easier for players to organize the clan.
According to my own experience, people usually use emotes much more than phrases. Psychologically, faces can better express human feelings and raise emotional connections. Besides, the cartoony style makes them less offensive and sometimes amusing. More importantly, the negative emotes (angry, crying) are all internal expressions without pointing at anyone, which is another great detail design of encouraging healthy and less toxic communications.
Even in-combat player communication is limited and has taken a big queue from Hearthstone. Players can only communicate using amusing emotes or a prefixed menu of verbal choices. The result is a much less toxic community and much more pleasurable gameplay experience.
The TV Royale takes advantage from traditional numeric leaderboard and game stream platforms to create a more interactive platform for players to learn from each other and show off.
The in-combat communication system provides pre-defined verbal phrases and emotes. It prevents toxic communication in a certain degree and brings pleasure.
Overall, I think the in-game community system encourages healthy competition and cooperation, and helps players form an emotional connection with the game.